:

Old 07-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Over(2000, Limit, Farm, Troops);

To all you newbies,

Play while you can...

"As all good things must come to an end, Dark Age Wars dies at 2000."

Read On!

I never got past 3rd position in the Player World Ranks, but my Alliance held 1st place all the way... and I tell you, IT WAS FUN... but there is no real expansion possible (no server power will allow it!)

Once you conquer a few territories and build enough farms to bring up food supplies to 2000, your game ends. You will not be able to raise your food limit past 2000 no matter what! This means you can only have a limited ammount of troops, which means you can only SAFELY have a limited ammount of territories.

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!

You have to either spread thin with lesser eating troops or stand still.

Even with the most active players on my side oblied to Alliance, I could not take over (half) the world.

I am sure the developers will post something here to trick you into thinking they are worth your money, but do the math ok! I will never log back on and cannot defend you.
Just count your farms, see how many 'strong' troops you can have, multiply by how many members you can have in your alliance, and see if you can take out at least 1/3 of the existing territories.

They have made the game good, but found a brick wall after it was done: Either furnish super blade servers that could withold 10.000 batlles each boosting 100.000 men this with just one member fighting, while simultaneously allowing new players to get lured into the game's wows, OR bury the game!

They chose a 2000 limit farm solution and hoped players would join before they found out about the limit.

HahahahAHHAHhahahHAHAh

I have a solution. A good solution. You almost had it with the Start-Over Trophy but lacked the hows. I have it!

Find me with your check-book before mine's out to waste your efforts, dreams, and hopes.

As you did mine.

To my Alliance members, remember - there's noEscape!

See you there.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Peasant

We have changed the limit to 7,000 for now. We may change it to have no limit, but only the limit of the farms you have.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Peasant (Level 1)

i liked the 2000 limit it keeps away the 100k armys we use to have and keeps just a few from easyliy controling the map

un verdadeiro rei da morte Tß duine nach bhfuil c˙ram aimsir sÚ ag mar˙ nˇ ß maraÝodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obo×uje tudi ×ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva­ ■a­ satt tilgang Ý lÝfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din
Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Squire (Level 1)

2.000 seemed a little low to me, especially once your kingdom got larger. You wouldn't even really be able to have a good perimeter defense, let alone be able to defend your interior holdings. It could be done, but at the expense of any real offensive capability. 7.000 seems reasonable, 100.000 or larger is too much no matter the size of your kingdom.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Peasant

Send a message via Skype™ to ┬úEngland

Ah yes, just what I have been waiting for....the large epic battles that got me hooked on the game.

King, you remember those days......

ODIN is back, and building his DARK Armies....
Old 07-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Peasant (Level 1)

no dont build urs join mine and yes i do want to see epic battles again but on the scale we use to have is a bit much but yes epic battles are fun i still remember that evil million templer army host made

un verdadeiro rei da morte Tß duine nach bhfuil c˙ram aimsir sÚ ag mar˙ nˇ ß maraÝodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obo×uje tudi ×ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva­ ■a­ satt tilgang Ý lÝfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din
Old 07-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Thanks for the warning Noescape. I see the developers are blabering, as you said, "The Lure" but I understand you. There is no way they can host this game technologically so they impose limits. Limits don't let you grow past a certain point. I play Travian for awhile now, and I did find your awesome heybit.com, so no Dark Age Wars for me.

Just do me a favor, make a side site for PPC, ok! I get constantly "Lured" by these type of guys looking for that.

Thank you very much for the warning.

I wander what solution you would have for this dead end - impossible!
Old 07-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noEscape View Post
Thanks for the warning Noescape. I see the developers are blabering, as you said, "The Lure" but I understand you. There is no way they can host this game technologically so they impose limits. Limits don't let you grow past a certain point. I play Travian for awhile now, and I did find your awesome heybit.com, so no Dark Age Wars for me.

Just do me a favor, make a side site for PPC, ok! I get constantly "Lured" by these type of guys looking for that.

Thank you very much for the warning.

I wander what solution you would have for this dead end - impossible!
KkkKkkKkkkkkkKkkkkKkkkkkk You guys are funny.

Why don't you just SEEMLESSLY limit daily consequitive attacks to the number of territories you own?

If I have 1 territory, I can only attack 1 times per day. Which is enough to crown a heir after a few days. We all start this way now since we have little resources with no cities to trade with anyway.

With 3 territories I start beeing able to attack 3 times a day and can crown another heir much quickly. Just as it happens today anyway.

But now I cannot attack a player's territory without a General. Which is a crowned heir evolved after taken 3 rebel territory.

So by the time I have 6 territories I will have a General to crown and start expanding but am limited to 6 attacks only. That means if I have 100 territories I can only attack 100 times in one day but if I am strategic enough, I would have built up 100 generals and conquered 100 territories in one day! Without cluggering the servers with 10000 daily fights to get there.

I'll expand efortlessly and not cause over-consumption in your servers.

Simple and fun! Post me private if you need details.