Search:
Old 05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Squire (Level 1)

It must be at least 12 hours now since the game was inaccessible! And no news or info from "the management"! If we are able to post on the forum they must also be able to.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Anyone kno?

What is happening with game?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Squire (Level 1)

i love how friendly the people that make this are ,dont they say stuff when they working on the game..

Last edited by Kalypso; 05-10-2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Please watch the language on the forums. ;)
Old 05-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Good grief. The game *just* moved to a new server a few days ago. There are GOING to be hiccups along the way while they get things updated and settings set properly. Here's a wee hint: They do NOT want the game down any longer than it absolutely HAS to be. It costs them MONEY when it's down. The game will always be back. But it might not be as quickly as you'd like if "the management" has to stop working every 15 minutes to give updates. Give them a bit more credit and respect. They fix it as quickly as they can.
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT
Old 05-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalypso View Post
if "the management" has to stop working every 15 minutes to give updates.
I think the point is being missed here. The point was that the server had been down for 12+ hours and there was no info what-so-ever about it.
No-one was asking for 15 minute updates - just the common courtesy and respect of keeping "customers" informed (some of which I guess are paying customers). One simple post stating: "Management" were aware of the problem and were working on it" would have been enough. Surely that would have taken just two minutes and prevented players being left in the dark!

Last edited by Mal; 05-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Maybe I need to simplify MY point a bit, since it seems oh so difficult to grasp: If the site is down, they KNOW about it and are WORKING ON IT. That's really all that NEEDS to be known. They can't always give an estimate because they don't always KNOW. And when they DO give an estimate, 95% of the time it turns out longer. Then they have to stop and give another update. Have THAT update be wrong, then have to stop and give ANOTHER update. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

One more thing for ya to think about... This happened in the middle of the night AFTER Barbosa had logged off and everyone was most likely ASLEEP. Which means he probably didn't even KNOW about it til the next morning. Then scrambled to get it fixed and back online, rather than stop off in the forums to deal with people shrieking.
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT
Old 05-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Squire (Level 1)

I fixed it as soon as I found out about it.